Inside Coaching - May 2015 Issue
The Doping Control Process
Your athlete wins a medal – awesome! The next thing you know, they’re stressed and being shadowed by a Doping Control Officer. A good coach understands the sample collection process; a great coach has prepared their athletes for this eventuality beforehand. Check out our tips for informing your athletes.
Hot in Here
No, this is not a reference to the hit song from 2002 – but it has been getting rather warm in Canada lately! Physical activity, training, and/or competing on hot days increases your fluid loss from sweating, and your chance of dehydration. Discover what training outside in the heat this summer means for you and your athletes.
FIFA Chat with
As the Women’s National Team prepares for the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, Canada Soccer caught up with coach Simon Eaddy. We have the essentials of Eaddy’s coaching philosophy, tips for coaches, and his outlook on the tournament. Keep an eye out for more coaching coverage of the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015.
Wise Words on #CoachTipTuesday
“Coaching is truly a wonderful life. Enjoy it. Very few people get to have a job as fun as ours.” #CoachTipTuesday paid tribute to the legacy of Randy Bennett, ChPC, a coaching icon whom the Canadian sport community lost recently. Learn from the wise words of Randy and our recent #CoachTipTuesday contributors.
Coach Developer Training
Is your sport looking for coaches who would like to pursue a leadership role in the sport community as NCCP Coach Developers? NCCP Coach Developers, including Learning Facilitators and Coach Evaluators, train and evaluate coaches to obtain NCCP certification. Check out the Coach Developer pages on coach.ca today!
Recognize a Deserving Coach
Do you know an outstanding coach who could be the Coach of the Year? Has your National Sport Organization (NSO) or Multisport Service Organization (MSO) been active in highlighting the importance of coaching and recognizing coaches? Nominate an outstanding international-level coach for the Jack Donohue Award and your NSO or MSO for the Sheila Robertson Award.
Sport Chek Offer
This week Sport Chek is celebrating their semi-annual Friends & Family event May 13th & 14th. As a proud partner of the Coaching Association of Canada, this exclusive offer entitles you to 25% off regular price and 10% off already reduced items. Check it out!
- May 13th-14th, 2015: 2e Colloque québécois sur l'organisation d'événements sportifs majeurs et la gestion d'installations sportives, Sherbrooke
- May 23rd-29th, 2015: Canadian Sport Institute Pacific International Coaching School, Victoria
- May 29th-30th, 2015: Canadian Sport Institute Pacific High Performance Coach Advance, Victoria
- May 29th-31st, 2015: Canada Basketball NCCP Super Clinic, Toronto
- June 9th-12th, 2015: Conversation 2015 - Women and Sport, Québec City
- June 12th-14th, 2015: Coaches Association of Ontario NCCP Super Camp, Olympia Sports Camp
- June 24th-25th, 2015: Athletics Canada Coaching Conference, Vaughan
- November 12th-14th, 2015: Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif, Winnipeg
- November 3rd-5th, 2016: Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif, Richmond
- Core Training for NCCP Coach Developers: Click here for national calendar.
Copyright © 2017 by CBF All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2015-05-18 by CBF Staff
( Page views: 436 )