Inside Coaching - April 2015 Issue
Honesty and the Coach-Athlete Relationship
Rock star basketball coach Shawnee Harle, ChpC, sheds light on the importance of honest communication between coaches and athletes and provides some solid advice for improving your coach-athlete relationship. Keep your eyes out for the next issue of Coaches plan magazine available in May! MORE>>>
Caffeine and Performance
Cycling season, A.K.A. café season, will soon be upon us and that means endurance athletes everywhere will be flocking to their favourite beverage or even a caffeine supplement to seek a performance edge. Get the facts on caffeine and performance and determine if you stand to gain from a cup of Java.
9 Strategies to Encourage Mothers to Coach
Women coaches provide your team and club with particular skill sets that have far-reaching benefits – recruiting them though, has been an ongoing challenge. This latest article from the Canadian Journal for Women in Coaching provides recruiting strategies you can apply right now! What are you waiting for?
Curling coach Paul Webster, ChPC, is the latest national team coach to join the #CoachTipTuesday lineup! Read his tip on the importance of developing athletes’ self-reflection and self-assessment skills, in addition to recent tips from rugby, snowboard, swimming, and softball coaches – check them out!
Get Coaching! video
Spring and summer sport registration is in full swing and your club is likely looking to attract and train parents and volunteers as assistant coaches. The Get Coaching! resource is a perfect starting point for these eager helping hands and this great new video will help promote this effective and easy-to-use resource.
Graduate certificate for coaches and technical leaders
The University of British Columbia will be offering an exciting new graduate certificate for high performance coaches and technical sport leaders in August 2015. The Canadian Sport Institute Pacific (CSI Pacific) has partnered with UBC to create the program, which has been endorsed by the CAC.
$500 Towards Coach Training
Secure $500 to help offset the cost of your organization’s coach training workshop! Investors Group Community Coaching Grants are available to all sport organizations hosting NCCP workshops with a minimum of 6 coaches. Applications are being accepted for events taking place until March 31st, 2016.
- April 23rd-24th, 2015: International Summit on Concussions, Niagara Falls
- April 25th, 2015: Coaching Manitoba Impact Awards, Winnipeg
- May 6th, 2015: Les assises du sport 2015, Laval
- May 6th, 2015: Gala Sports Québec, Laval
- May 13th-14th, 2015: 2e Colloque québécois sur l'organisation d'événements sportifs majeurs et la gestion d'installations sportives, Sherbrooke
- May 23rd-29th, 2015: Canadian Sport Institute Pacific International Coaching School, Victoria
- May 29th-30th, 2015: Canadian Sport Institute Pacific High Performance Coach Advance, Victoria
- May 29th-31st, 2015: Canada Basketball NCCP Super Clinic, Toronto
- June 9th-12th, 2015: Conversation 2015 - Women and Sport, Québec City
- June 12th-14th, 2015: Coaches Association of Ontario NCCP Super Camp, Olympia Sports Camp
- November 12th-14th, 2015: Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif, Winnipeg
- November 3rd-5th, 2016: Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif, Richmond
Copyright © 2017 by CBF All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2015-04-18 by CBF Staff
( Page views: 481 )