Hall of Fame
Milaine Poirier (QC)
2008 - Award of Merit - Blainville, QC
Nomination Criteria Description
Path taken by Milaine Poirier through the broomball world, yet never having played.
- Started in 1982 as time keeper in a broomball league.
- From 1983 to 1995, was the president of the league, and co-president with Robert Turcotte, of the Lanaudière-Laurentides region.
- In 1994, elected treasurer-registrar of the Quebec broomball federation and held the position until 2000. In addition to finances and registration was on the discipline committee, coordinated all of the championships, responsible for rules of governing and the preparation of the annual general meetings.
- In 2000, was elected as president of the Federation, carried out the mandate for three years. The main goal was to change the program across Quebec but still dealt with competitions and championships.
- In 2003, organized for the first time a provincial championship and a Canadian Juvenile Championship at the same time in the Lanaudière region.
- In 2004, I started a career as an official and in 2005 I was the 1st vice president of the Federation.
Copyright © 2017 by CBF All Right Reserved.
Published on: May 5, 2009
( Page views: 544 )